ujjwal nikam, intership, fees, contact details, son, Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography
click on image to view video of sir full Story | 628 को उम्रकैद और 37 को फांसी दिला चुके हैं | Headlines India
50+ videos must watch play videos from youtube
|Physical Stats & More|
|Rape and Murder Cases||1997: Murder Case of a Bollywood Film Producer, Gulshan Kumar - He was shot outside a temple in Andheri on 12 August 1997. Around 19 people were charged in this case, out of them, 1 convicted and 18 freed. |
2005: Marine Drive Rape Case - On 3 April 2006, a police constable Sunil Atmaram More was sentenced to 12 years imprisonment for raping a 15-year-old girl in a police station on Marine Drive in Mumbai.
2006: Pramod Mahajan Murder Case - On 22 April 2006, Pramod Mahajan, a BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party) leader, was shot by his brother, Pravin Mahajan, after a family dispute. In December 2007, he was sentenced to life in jail for this crime.
2013: Mumbai Gang Rape - In a judgement on 4 April 2014 on gang-raping a 22-year-old photojournalist at the Shakti Mills compound in Mumbai, three offenders were sentenced to death and the fourth was sentenced to life in prison.
Note: These are a few important highlights from his long career. He was involved in many more cases.
|Terrorism Cases||1991: Kalyan Bomb Blast Case - Ravinder Singh aka Bittu was convicted of bombing a railway station in Kalyan on 8 November 1991 and sentenced to life imprisonment. |
1993: Mumbai Bombings - In 2010, a special court was set up under the Terrorist and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act to try suspects in the series of 13 explosions that took place in Bombay on 12 March 1993, killing almost 257 people in that terrorist attack. The trial lasted almost 14 years, and a number of people were convicted.
2008: Mumbai Attacks - The 3 day siege of Mumbai in November 2008; which targeted a Jewish center, luxury hotels, and several other sites, resulted in the death of more than 160 people. On 6 May 2010, Ajmal Kasab (the only terrorist captured alive by the police) was sentenced to death and hanged on 21 November 2012.
Note: He was involved in several other cases.
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Best Public Prosecutor from the Citizens of Pune |
• Maharashtra Times Nayak of 2006 from the Citizens of Mumbai
• Daksh Nagrik from the Citizens of Nagpur
• Conferred with the Doctorate Degree by the Former President of India Dr Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam in 2010
• Padma Shri in 2016
Note: He has received more than 65 national awards.
|Date of Birth||30 March 1953 Lambert M. Surhone, Miriam T. Timpledon, Susan F. Marseken|
|Age (as in 2018)||65 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Jalgaon, Maharashtra, India|
|College||KCES's S.S.Maniyar Law College, Jalgaon|
|Educational Qualifications||• Bachelor of Science |
• A Law Degree from Jalgaon
|Food Habit||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Reading, Doing Work Out|
|Controversies||• He slammed actor Salman Khan for his tweet in support of Yakub Memon (who was involved in 1993 Bombay bombings). In an interview with PTI, he said, "I would like to ask Salman Khan whether he knew about the criminal conspirators, or did he term Yakub Memon as innocent from his personal knowledge." |
• He was involved in a controversy, when he alleged that a former Union Minister had put pressure on him to speed-up the Mumbai attack case for his electoral gains. Later, he denied his own statement.
• During the 26/11 Mumbai attack trial, he told the media that Ajmal Kasab asked for 'Mutton Biryani' while in custody. Later, in an interview with CNN IBN, he said, "Ajmal Kasab ‘never asked’ for mutton biryani, I cooked it up." He also stated, "I did this because media hype had turned people's perspectives in favour of Kasab. I only wanted to say that media needs to be careful while reporting on terror trials."
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||5 February 1980|
|Wife/Spouse||Jyoti Nikam |
|Children||Son- Aniket Ujjwal Nikam (Lawyer) |
Daughter- Not Known
Note: He has 1 more child.
|Parents||Father- Deoraoji Nikam (Judge) |
Mother- Name Not Known (Homemaker)
|Salary (approx.)||₹10,000 per hearing|